The Windows API Code Pack provides a library for Microsoft .NET Framework that can be used to access new Windows 7 features and some of the features in Vista from managed code. The existing .NET framework does not encompass these features. This library can be used with .NET Framework 3.5.
The features included in the API code pack are:
- Support for Windows Shell namespace objects, including the new Windows 7 libraries, Known Folders and non file system containers.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 Task Dialogs.
- Windows 7 Explorer Browser Control supporting both WPF and Windows Forms.
- Support for Shell property system.
- Helpers for Windows 7 Taskbar Jumplists, Icon Overlay and Progress bar.
- Support for Windows Vista and Windows 7 common file dialogs, including custom file dialog controls.
- Support for Direct3D 11.0 and DXGI 1.0/1.1 APIs.
- Sensor Platform APIs
- Extended Linguistic Services APIs
1. More information on Windows API Code Pack
2. Download the Windows API Code Pack
This is really helpful for developing Windows 7 related features in .NET.